Military Active Duty / Veterans
The Military Program at Wekiva Springs Center combines medical and psychological clinical expertise in treating substance use, post-traumatic stress (PTS), depression and anxiety disorders. In addition to treating returning veterans and active duty personnel, we have a number of programs that provide much needed behavioral health services for spouses and other family members, including inpatient and outpatient programs.
We take pride in working directly with service members, veterans and family members. The treating physician spends time with each service man or woman, and focuses heavily on military stressors, family stress, destabilization and disconnect with the military throughout treatment.
Wekiva Springs Center also:
- Provides free and confidential assessments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Welcomes service dogs.
- Is a TRICARE and VA provider. Most other commercial insurances, Medicaid HMOs and Medicare are also accepted.
- Includes base clinicians in the treatment planning process, focusing heavily on aftercare to prevent service members “dropping out of sight” and/or not continuing their treatment plan on an outpatient basis.
- Ensures that the treatment team meets collectively with the servicemen/women at time of admission and work together on psycho- evaluations and psycho/nursing assessment.
- Ensures a Military Liaison works closely with unit Commanders and NCO’s in developing partnerships.
- Involves family members in treatment planning process.
- Focuses heavily on cognitive behavioral therapy and intensive group therapy.
- Determines individual treatment modality with the judgment of the physician and/or treatment team.
Levels of Care provided include:
- Inpatient Mental Health
- Substance Abuse Rehabilitation
- Mental Health and Substance Use Residential Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Intensive Outpatient Program
Click below to play a special message from Heisman Trophy winner and mental health advocate, Herschel Walker, who is also a Patriot Support Program spokesperson.